These southwestern egg muffins make a perfect on-the-go meal. Make them at the beginning of the week, store them in the fridge, and heat them up before you head out the door!
- 6 eggs
- 1 red (or green) pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and coat muffin cups with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, beat eggs
- Add peppers, tomato, onion, jalapeño, salt, pepper, cheese and mix well
- Pour 1/3 cup egg mixture into muffin cups
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into each muffin comes out clean
- Enjoy on its own or serve on an english muffin!