Happy National Watermelon Day! This Mint Watermelon Summer Salad is the perfect summer treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. And by adding mint you turn an ordinary melon into a refreshing dessert.
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 tbs mint, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and mint
- Refrigerate for one hour (or until chilled)
- Pro Tip: For a fun twist, consider adding fresh lime juice, black pepper, and/or feta cheese!
Health Benefits of Watermelon:
- Watermelon is over 90% water, which will help keep you hydrated
- Loaded with vitamins A & C as well as potassium
- Contains a phytonutrient (lycopene) that helps prevent cancer and heart disease