Deviled eggs are a classic and delicious appetizer. Unfortunately, traditional deviled eggs recipes are filled with mayonnaise, which contains unhealthy fats and very little nutrients. But have no fear! By substituting avocado for mayo you can turn these conventionally unhealthy bites into something nutritious and delicious! Avocados provide the body with healthy fats, protein, and other essential nutrients. Check out my Jalapeño Avocado Deviled Eggs for a healthy alternative to your traditional deviled egg recipe!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ small avocado
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs finely chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 tsp pickled jalapeño juice from jar (more juice = more spice)
- 1 tsp dill
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks and avocado in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice and jalapeño juice. (Tip: The mixture should be smooth but thick enough to spoon onto the eggs!)
- Stir in jalapeños, dill, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Refill the egg whites with yolk mixture. Serve chilled.