Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks! (Dempsey loves it too!) It has a ton of health benefits and is low calorie and super versatile! From movie watching to studying to late night drunchies (drunk munchies) popcorn is the perfect snack for any occasion. To help satisfy your cravings, I created three yummy popcorn recipes: Spicy Fiesta, Cinnamon Toast, and Parmesan Garlic! Most of these ingredients you can get in your college cafeteria at different stations (get parmesan at the pasta station and cinnamon if they are serving oatmeal for breakfast). Or buy at the grocery store (they’re all affordable)! This recipe is one of my favorites! Give it a try!
- 3 tbs kernels
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Seasoning of choice!
- Combine popcorn kernels and olive oil in a bowl and stir until kernels are coated
- Pour kernels into a brown paper bad and fold open end twice (Tip: If you don’t have a brown bag, a microwavable bowl covered by a plate will do the trick!)
- Microwave for ~3 minutes or until there are 5 seconds between each pop
- Take out and season immediately. See below for specific seasoning mixes.
- Shake bag until the kernels are evenly coated
*Use these recipes as a guide! Feel free to add more or less of each ingredient to get the flavor you want!