You don’t need a Valentine to enjoy these sweet treats! But if you have one, just double the recipe! Enjoy and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Nutty Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 3-4 tbs semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4-5 strawberries
- 1 tbs chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for ~1 minute (or until chocolate begins to melt)
- Remove bowl and stir chocolate
- If chocolate is not completely melted, microwave for another 10-20 seconds
- Dip strawberries in chocolate (make sure to heavily coat one side)
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped nuts
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes
Guilt-Free Facts: Great source of antioxidants, flavonoids, and omega-3 fatty acids to promote a healthy heart, prevent cancer, stabilize blood sugar levels, and enhance your mood!
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- Combine egg, sugar, and cocoa powder in a microwave-safe mug
- Using a fork, whisk ingredients together until smooth
- Microwave for 50 seconds, or until firm
- Enjoy as is or for a special treat top with some ice cream or whipped cream!
Guilt-Free Facts: Great source of protein, polyunsaturated fats, antioxidants, and natural caffeine to improve your mood, help you feel full and satisfied, and promote a healthy heart!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 tbs semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbs peanut butter
- 1 cupcake liner
- Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for ~30 seconds (or until melted)
- Spoon half of the chocolate into cupcake liner
- Carefully add peanut butter
- Add the remaining chocolate mixture to completely cover the peanut butter layer
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until firm
- Enjoy immediately or store at room temperature until you’re ready to indulge!
Guilt Free Facts: Great source of protein, antioxidants, and a natural source of caffeine for a quick boost of energy!