Olivia is visiting me in California this week and we are having a great time! She landed on Monday morning and we went straight to the beach for a run and some time in the sun. Working out at the beach makes exercising approximately 10000x more enjoyable. That’s why I designed this 16-minute Beach Workout! We tested it out and photographed it on Monday in Malibu. It definitely kicked our butts and we want to share it with you all. This workout is meant to be completed 4 times. Check my overview of the workout as well as descriptions of each exercise!
16-Minute Beach Workout:
- 45 seconds Making Waves / 15 seconds rest
- 45 seconds Surfer Jumps / 15 seconds rest
- 45 seconds Flippers / 15 seconds rest
- 20 seconds Starfish Planks (each side) / 20 seconds rest
- Repeat 4x through! See descriptions of the exercises below!
- Begin in downward facing dog. Spread your fingers wide. Reach your heels toward the ground. Relax your shoulders.
- Inhale, shift your weight forward into your hands. Come through a forearm plank into upward facing dog. Roll onto the top of your feet. Lift your thighs off the ground.
- On your next exhale, tuck your toes and send your hips up and back to downward facing dog. Repeat for 45 seconds. Rest for 15 seconds before continuing on to Surfer Jumps.
- Begin with your feet shoulder width.
- Sit back into a squat making sure your knees down come past your toes.
- Immediately jump into the air, rotating 180 degrees (to face the opposite direction) and land softly in a squat.
- Repeat for 45 seconds. Rest for 15 seconds before continuing on to Flippers.
- Begin sitting with your hands on the ground behind you, fingers pointing towards your body. Bend your elbows slightly and lean your chest back until you feel your core engage.
- Keeping your legs straight, slowly lift your legs about one foot off the ground. Pause for a moment and return to the starting position. Repeat for 45 seconds. Rest for 15 seconds before continuing on to Starfish Planks.
- Begin in a straight-arm side plank on your right side. Stack your right elbow above your wrist, and your shoulder above your elbow. Stack your feet, as well. Extend your left arm straight up.
- Keeping your core engaged, lift your left leg up. Your leg should raise about 8-10 inches.
- Hold for a moment and return to starting position. Repeat for 20 seconds on each side! Rest for 20 seconds before repeating the circuit again!